Apply for the Space Shuttle Endeavor Technical Assistance and Education FundPosted on 03/02/18
NANDC is accepting applications for the distribution of $23,000 of funding that meets specific criteria through the Space Shuttle Endeavor Technical Assistance and Education Fund. The agreement for this fund was entered into by and between the California Science Center Foundation and several South LA neighborhood councils to mitigate the removal of 122 trees along Martin Luther King and Crenshaw Blvd to accomoade the transport of the Space Shuttle Endeavor.
These funds can be used for:
- Conduct research and evaluation of the impact of proposed public and or private developments and policies that present a potential threat or opportunity to the safety, health and quality of life of a community within the geographic area;
- Conduct outreach and/or educational workshops for local stakeholders to increase their knowledge and awareness of state, local and/or federal policies except that the outreach and/or workshop shall not duplicate what NCs can accomplish alone or in collaboration within the scope of their Neighborhood Council funding;
- Provide legal or technical assistance in land use, consumer and environmental (EIR, CEQA) protections, impact statements/analysis and studies, market potential, and community benefit negotiations.
- Technical assistance in the development of NC impact reports, public policy evaluations and strategic planning for environmental health.
Applications are due March 31, 2018 with in-person presentations to be made to the Community Committee during a special meeting on April 12, 2018. The potential recipient(s) of such funding must submit the following items to be eligible:
- Written proposal of project
- W-9 of the vendor for payment
- Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC)
- Expenditure worksheet/original invoice(s) once project is complete
For questions and to submit applications please contact Julianne Burg (Vice President, NANDC) at [email protected]
Download Shuttle Fund Application.pdf