On January 3, 2019 NANDC reviewed the 806 West Adams Champion Development (a 99 unit, 5 bedrooms and 1 common room per unit project, consisting of 7 buildings) and voted to oppose the project in its current form because of numerous issues including:
• Incompatibility with the neighborhood
• Buildings’ site orientation
• Ground level podium parking
• Failure to comply with the NSO
• Insufficient affordable units
• Inadequate setbacks
• Rooftop noise
• Lack of variation in design and population
• Failure to comply with the CRA and South Community Plans
• CEQA exemption
NANDC has had successful design and development discussions with University Park developers but in this case could not resolve the complex issues inherent in the current project.
© North Area Neighborhood Development Council. All rights reserved.
PO Box 18769
Los Angeles, CA 90018